IMS is a Woman-Owned, CVE-Verified and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business, is seeking a Med-Level Proposal Writer/Analyst to prepare and compose various winning proposals/contracts for the company and work with our Federal Customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of the IMS Proposal team, the Mid-Level Proposal Writer/Analyst will work closely with Business Development, Contract Management, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), other key staff, and external business partners to develop and deliver high-quality, compliant, and compelling proposals and responses to Government Requests for Proposal (RFPs) solicitations, Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Quote (RFQs) and Sources Sought Notices. The Proposal Writer will contribute throughout the entire proposal process, from proposal pre-work to proposal creation and delivery to limited post-submission support. The Proposal Writer will oversee all proposal and response preparation activities, including establishing/overseeing the preparation schedule to meet Government-mandated deadlines and assigning preparation tasks to internal and external contributors. The Proposal Manager will have the ability to write proposal content and narrative as necessary to meet response requirements that is free of errors (grammatical, spelling, sentence structure, etc.). Duties to be performed are broken down as follows:
- Represent the Proposal team in strategizing with Business Development and Leadership in assessing potential contracting opportunities to pursue.
- Monitoring activity in the Business Development pipeline.
- Monitoring and assessing potential bid opportunities released under the organization’s various GSA schedules.
- Ensuring past performance citations are updated and are created as new contracts are awarded to the company.
Proposal Development Responsibilities
- Review Government RFP/Solicitations in detail and be intimately familiar with requirements.
- Lead in driving the proposal preparation process from start to finish, serving as the primary point of contact for proposal development tasks, establishing the proposal calendar, preparing/distributing data calls, and assigning tasks to contributors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for interfacing with the Government such as submitting questions to them to obtain clarity on RFP/solicitation requirements.
- Ensure proposal content complies with Government requirements (font, text size, spacing). and is properly structured in alignment with Government requirements
- Contribute writing of compelling and compliant content to the proposal preparation team as necessary.
- Execute editing, proofreading, and final editing/formatting of text prior to ensure delivery of error-free proposals/responses to the Government.
- Assist in creating and maintaining proposal/response files on organization’s shared file repository to ensure all related documentation is captured and properly organized.
- Assist other projects as needed.
- Edit and review company communications.
- Assist program management staff as needed with post-award deliverables.
- Help prepare marketing materials and presentations.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently while remaining committed and responsive to the team.
- Ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines when applicable.
- Exceptional project management, planning, and time management skills
- Assertive yet diplomatic communication style
Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Active Duty Military experience and DoD schools and training may be substituted for consideration against the education requirements.
- Shipley Associates – Managing Federal Proposals Course Completion and Writing Federal Proposal (preferred)
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification/membership (preferred)
- Minimum three years in proposal writing/management or other relevant writing/communications experience
- Proficiency using MS Word and MS Office.
- Proficiency using MS Excel and SharePoint is a plus
IMS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for the employment process, please email your request to email@example.com.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify